Fabulous Followers - Its OK if you don't.... but it would be nice if you did

Linky Followers

Sunday 1 August 2021

Any Celebration at Stamping Sensations


Hello, it's time for a new challenge at Stamping Sensations which is Any Celebration.  We have Craft Stash as our Sponsor this month and they are offering one lucky winner this fabulous prize.



I've made a Birthday card, but I must admit after being so busy and hardly in the craft room over the last 6 weeks, I struggled for motivation - so I watched one of Tim Holtz videos from earlier in the year where he used Distress Crayons to colour an image and because the crayons are wax resistant, you can then use spray inks over the top.  I stamped one of the floral sprays from Lady Rose, coloured with crayons and then used Antique Linen and Frayed Burlap Distress sprays.  There's also some subtle sheen, which doesn't show in the photo, from smudging over a little Tarnished brass crayon.  Some background stamping and paper lace trim to finish, along with a stamped Birthday  sentiment.

The rest of the DT have some fabulous inspirations for you, so please pop over to the main blog where you will also find all the challenge details.

Have a good day and I'll catch up with you soon.
Avril xx








11 comments:

brenda said...

Such a perfect Vintage creation Avril, the colours and image and the lace just completes the whole feel.

B x

Caty said...

Your card is Gorgeous Avril ! I like very much the flowers and the great background you have created.
I hope you are fine, as well as your family. And I wish you a very nice Sunday. Sending you big hugs, Caty

Ellibelle said...

A truly beautiful card with this gorgeous rose stamp! The distress crayons sound really interesting, I honestly have more than enough coloring mediums but now I want to give these crayons a try.

Marlies said...

A Gorgeous vintage looking card Avril. I realy like the rose stamp you have used, something for on my wishlist. Marlies

Lowcarb team member said...

A very nice card.
Happy August Wishes.

All the best Jan

Linby said...

This is just beautiful and that die cut edge is the perfect elegant finishing touch.

crafty-stamper said...

Love the beautifully coloured roses and pretty die-cut border
carol x

Joan said...

Lovely card Avril, love the stamp you have used and coloured so beautifully

Joan x

Sandy said...

Another beautiful designed and created card - feminine and delicate. It looks as if the roses are on antique linen -beautiful!
Sandy xx

Tracy said...

This is so pretty Avril, I love your vintage creation.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

pinky said...

Such a beautiful card and the added lace is super gorgeous. Your colouring is just perfect Avril!