Fabulous Followers - Its OK if you don't.... but it would be nice if you did

Linky Followers

Tuesday 24 January 2023

Winter Blues at Try it on Tuesday

 



The new challenge at Try it on Tuesday is Winter Blues 
 
 Joan, one of my fellow teamies at TioT  used a Sweet Poppy frame Stencil a while ago, and I couldn't resist the temptation and had to have one.
I've used Chipped Sapphire DI to colour the frame and stamped the 'girls' with  Versafine Twilight.  I used a Quickie Glue pen to draw around the snowflakes and swirls and added glitter for a lovely sparkly finish, there's also a good helping of white flowersoft  on the umbrella along with shaved ice for the 'ground' snow.
The rest of the Design Team have some great blue inspirations for you, so please pop over to the main blog for all the details.

14 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous monochrome card,I really love this atmp and you have coloured it beautifully love the stencil too
Carol x

brenda said...

You've really captured the winer blues theme in tis one Avril and using one of my fav CI images.

B x

Janette said...

Hi Avril, this is beautiful, love the blues, the frame is gorgeous and the image is stunning isn't it.xx

My name is Erika. said...

I love how you took a rainy image and made it feel snowy! I think that’s brilliant Avril. Hope all is well. Hugs Erika

Pauline C said...

This is gorgeous Avril, love your image and frame, and all the different media you have used for colour and sparkle .. a proper wintry scene
Pauline xx

sirkkis said...

Lovely art with beautiful ditais 😍
Have a happy week ❤️

Joan said...

Oh that’s so lovely Avril! I love that stamp and the stencil too, I did make quite a few cards with that one and also the round one last Christmas.


Joan x

Let's Art Journal said...

What a wonderful card! I love the wintery scene that you created with with those swirling snowflakes and all the sparkle, it frames the girls so beautifully 😊. I hope you are having a fun January and wishing you a wonderful week! Hugs Jo x

Lowcarb team member said...

A very nice card Avril, such a sweet three sharing an umbrella :)

All the best Jan

Meggymay said...

A fantastic wintery scene Avril. That is a super frame stencil and I can see why you just had to have one in your stash.
Yvonne xx

Mrs A. said...

Super card Mrs B. That image is one of my favourite Umbrella cards. Hugs Mrs A.

pearshapedcrafting said...

This really is such a beautiful card Avril - I love this stamp, every time I see it makes me regret not buying it. I love how you created texture. Hugs, Chrisx

lichazul said...

Beautiful card 👏🤩💐 happy day

Linby said...

This looks so atmospheric with the blue tones and fab stnecilling.