Fabulous Followers - Its OK if you don't.... but it would be nice if you did

Linky Followers

Tuesday 9 April 2019

Bloom


Hello, I've another journal page that fits in with our current challenge at Try it on Tuesday and there's still one week left  for you to join in, you can find all the details here.

I love flowers and have been busy potting up seeds which will be planted out in the garden when the weather is warmer, so I took that as my inspiration for this page.  My stamps are all magazine freebies along with my,  not very well doodled flower stems, and because I'd added a rough coat of gesso, my pen didn't quite flow when I wrote the words either.

I am going to link this up to Art Journal Journey where Wendy has chosen Having Fun as her theme for this month  -   I enjoyed making my pages and also the thoughts of planting and watching things grow is such a joy.

Thanks for calling in,
Avril xx



13 comments:

Cath Wilson said...

There's nothing wrong with your stems - they look brilliant! So much nicer when drawn than when they're stamped :-) Love this and I love watching my plants grow, too - it's a great time of year for plants. Gesso doesn't make it easy to write, though... I'm heavy handed with a pen, so I try to remember to write with a light hand - it does make it a little easier, lol, but I always make a mistake anyway ;-) It looks great, Avril. Love the colour.
Cath x

brenda said...

It's beautiful Avril and I could be persuaded it's Summer looking at the pretty colours and blooms, outside my office window another story however and sooooo cold again.

B x

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful journal page, love the pretty flowers on the lovely background. Have a great evening, hugs, Valerie

Caty said...

Wooww this is a so Wonderful Art journal page Avril !! Love the beautiful stencils, the colours, and , of course, the lovely flowers !! They have got bright and happy colours. Fantastique page !
I wish you a very nice afternoon,
Big hugs, Caty

Amanda said...

A lovely page and your flowers look lovely
Love
Amanda x

Meggymay said...

The flower stems look good to me and so does the words you wrote. Its a beautiful page Avril and a super background.
Yvonne xx

Brenda Brown said...

A lovely page Avril with gorgeous colours, patterns and flowers. Spring has definitely sprung in your journal, and we can see you had such fun creating this xxx

WendyK said...

A lovely background for the gorgeous flowers on your page. Great use of stencils and colour. Thank you for joining us on Art Journal Journey.

froebelsternchen said...

I love the depth and colours and the flower stems look perfect to me! A wonderful page for Try It On Tuesday and also a fantastic entry for Art Journal Joureny dear Avril!Thank you so much for supporting us! Have a great day!
Susixxx

craftytrog said...

A gorgeous floral page Avril! xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Avril. It is so spring like and filed with softness and beauty.

It was wonderful to see yo8u sharing your art with us at Art Journal Journey. It fits Wemdy's theme perfectly.

Linda said...

Gorgeous journal page. I love flowers, I'm just not good a growing them.... good luck with your seeds, I'm sure they'll be beautiful xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Love how the flowers are in the sunlight here! Love the background patterns! Hugs, Chrisx