Fabulous Followers - Its OK if you don't.... but it would be nice if you did

Linky Followers

Saturday 6 April 2019

Exhausted Pigeon!


I came across this quote the other day and thought it was perfect for the Crazy Birds.  I don't have the stamps, but I am lucky to have a few images kindly stamped up for me by me good friend Yvonne.
I cut a tag shape around the image and masked off the bird before adding Oxide inks and then stencilling with Distress inks.  I did cover the tail with Oxide ink and wrongly decided to go over it with a pen, which I smudged - but hey  ho - it just looks like he's shaking his tail feathers!  I printed the quote and cut apart, edging with black DI before adding.

I am going to join in at Tag Tuesday where the theme this fortnight is Birds, Nests and Eggs,  I still have a few days left before the challenge closes.  I don't often make tags, so this was a nice change.

Thanks for calling in,
Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
Avril xx

18 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Love, love, love this gorgeous and funky tag, and the quote describes how I feel right now. Thanks so much for joining us at Tag Tuesday, much appreciated. You made me a happy bunny today. Have a lovely weekend, hugs, Valerie

Meggymay said...

I love the quote you added and was laughing as I read it.
Its a fantastic tag and a super background.
Yvonne xx

Mrs A. said...

Laughing at this quote. He really does look sorry for himself. Hugs Mrs A.

Lisa said...

Haha, that sentiment makes me smile!! I love the crazy bird and the background!! The colors are fabulous!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Mia said...

What a lovely bird! And it is sooooooo tired! Ha ha! Amazing tag, Avril.

Wilma Simmons (Empress Wu Designs) said...

Poor little bird ... fantastic tag with a sentiment we all might relate to at times. Love the humour!

Janette said...

Oh it looks fabulous Avril, love those birds but still not got them, you made a fab job.
Have a lovely day.xx

pinky said...

This is so cool Avril! Love the colours and the cute bird! I must check that challenge out. Haven't done it for ages.

Caro´s kreative Welt said...

Wow, that's very nice. The Crazy Bird goes perfectly with the great background. I like it very much.
Hugs Carola

Amanda said...

lol Great tag
Love
Amanda x

Brenda Brown said...

Love the quote and image together, such a fun tag xxx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

It's good to take a step out of our comfort zone sometimes, I feel like those words were written just for me! Fab Tag.
Hugs Tracey x

Cath Wilson said...

LOL, love your words, Avril. This is so much fun. Not a smudge in sight - we're our own worst critics, aren't we? The stencilling looks wonderful. I do love those crazy birds though we all end up with our favourites, I think.
Cath x

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a fabulous tag! The quote made me laugh, so funny and I feel like that some days too ...lol 😉. The background look so beautiful with your crazy bird - perfect! Sorry I'm so late visiting, it was my birthday on Wednesday and I've been out and about celebrating with family and friends every day since so I haven't had much time for blogland lately, just need to catch up on everything now ...lol 😉. Creative wishes! J 😊 x

froebelsternchen said...

This is so pretty ! Those words are fantastic!!! Happy new week Avril!Susixxx

Marjut said...

Fantastic tag.

sally said...

lol- this sums me up at the moment! Also reminds me that I should dig the birds out for a play.

Sally xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Still smiling - love this tag and the sentiment is so funny! Chrisx