Fabulous Followers - Its OK if you don't.... but it would be nice if you did

Linky Followers

Wednesday 18 October 2023

October mid month at Stamping Sensations


Can you believe we're halfway through October already which means some mid month inspiration over at Stamping Sensations for the Autumn Colours challenge, and the Design team are sharing some gorgeous Autumnal inspiration on the main challenge page.  With Halloween approaching I thought I'd share a pumpkin page in the Fairy journal book I'm making for the twins.

I've used Lavinia Pumpkin lodge and some of the Playful Pumpkins, I don't know why, but I really had trouble getting the true colours of this page.  The sky is Chipped sapphire Distress ink, the hills Dusty Concord and for the grass I used Forrest moss and Carved pumpkin  for the pumpkins enhanced with pencils. There is a feint hue of Twisted citron around my pumpkin lodge, but it seems to have given a very bright green look to my page.

And on the opposite page, the fairies are getting ready for a party and are taking extra pumpkins along to the Pumpkin  lodge.


There's quite a few pages completed in the book now, once the background is done, I can leave it and it's easy to add to the scene whenever I have a few minutes.

Avril xx



8 comments:

Chris said...

Beautiful pages for your fairy journal, I see you couldn't resist the little pumpkins either! Love the scenes you created and the story they tell.
xx

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous journal pages,love all the stamps and scenes you created.
Carol x

brenda said...

Lovely journal pages Avril, a hint of magic as well as lovely and Autumnal.

B x

Pauline C said...

Wow Avril these are stunning journal pages … fabulous scenes, great colouring and beautiful depth - really magical
Pauline xx

Janette said...

These are a real work of art Avril. What beautiful pages, your actually making a story book, wonderful. xx

Linby said...

Two delightful scenes in your journal.

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely pages for your fairy journal.

Enjoy your weekend.

All the best Jan

sally said...

Two beauties!

Sally xx